Sunday, June 15, 2014

Review: Open Road Summer By: Emery Lord



Title: Open Road Summer
Author: Emery Lord
Published: April 15th, 2014
Source: Bought
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars! 2014 Favorite!
Goodreads Summary:

After breaking up with her bad-news boyfriend, Reagan O’Neill is ready to leave her rebellious ways behind. . . and her best friend, country superstar Lilah Montgomery, is nursing a broken heart of her own. Fortunately, Lilah’s 24-city tour is about to kick off, offering a perfect opportunity for a girls-only summer of break-up ballads and healing hearts. But when Matt Finch joins the tour as its opening act, his boy-next-door charm proves difficult for Reagan to resist, despite her vow to live a drama-free existence. This summer, Reagan and Lilah will navigate the ups and downs of fame and friendship as they come to see that giving your heart to the right person is always a risk worth taking. A fresh new voice in contemporary romance, Emery Lord’s gorgeous writing hits all the right notes.

My  Thoughts:

I will admit I remember seeing this book on Netgalley and thought too contemporary for me and I never requested it. Man, did I eat my words, Open Road Summer was amazing and adorable! I kept seeing reviews all over and every single one I saw was completely adorable. It is the perfect book for summer and it makes me want to go on a road trip right now! It was everything that I hoped it would be and so much more. It is one of those books I wish I could unread so that I could read it all over again.

Reagan O’Neill wants to change being rebellious and getting into trouble has caught up with her and lucky enough for her, her best friend Dee or Lila Montegomery country music starlet is starting her first solo tour and it gives her the opportunity to have the best girls only summer. But, little does she know that when Matt Finch joins the tour as it’s opening act everything will change.

Reagan was such a great narrator, she was sarcastic, tough, and she didn’t let anyone in easily. She loves photography and I could see the beautiful pictures she could take inside my own head just as easily. I loved the relationship between Dee and Reagan, they were so different from each other. But, they were the perfect friends to each other. Dee was getting over her first love, he let her go because he felt like he was holding her back and she was living her dream of having a music career. It was sweet and adorable and perfect.

Matt Finch, he was adorable I loved him so much. He was a part of a band with his brothers which reminded me of the Jonas Brothers and he was a great guy, he treated Dee like a sister and was always there when she needed him. When he and Reagan first met I loved the back and forth between the two of them their banter was just adorable. They were exactly what each other needed and it made it that much more adorable.


Overall, Open Road Summer is the absolutely perfect summer read. It has everything the perfect contemporary for someone like me needs, love friendship, heartbreak, but it’s too heavy. I absolutely loved it and recommend it for everyone. YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...