Thursday, January 2, 2014

Review: Crash Into You By: Katie McGarry



Title: Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3)
Author: Katie McGarry
Published: November 26th,2013
Source: E-galley from publisher
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!
Goodreads Summary:

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

My Thoughts:

Katie McGarry has become one of my favorite contemporary authors and I know that I am in for a great read whenever I pick up one of her books. I was really looking forward to reading Isaiahs story, after everything you knew about him through the first two books I really felt like it was time for him to get what he deserved his own happy ending and  someone who loved him  back.  The cover to this one is definitely my favorite and I swoon every time I look at it. But, I have to admit that as far as Katie’s books go this one was my least favorite although it was still a 5 star read for me. Katie evokes so much feeling and emotions from her characters whether I loved them or not and that to me makes her work so great to read, knowing that I am going to be feeling along with the characters and be inside of their heads.

Isaiah is the same guy that we remember from the previous books angry but, loyal to his friends and he is slowly but surely trying to get over how he felt about Beth. Rachel is a girl who feels completely lost in her family she is the only girl in a family full of brothers. She feels like she can’t be herself, she is living in the shadow of her older sister Colleen who died of cancer before she was born and she has so many brothers because her parents decided to keep having kids until they had another daughter. But, Rachel has never felt like she quite measured up to her sister and she feels like she can’t be herself she loves cars and driving fast but, she knows thats not what her mom wants her to be like, she wants her to be like her sister. When her and Isaiah have a chance meeting their lives will change for the better.

I honestly couldn’t really connect with Rachel, she was a bit weak at times and the way she hid things from her family because she was afraid they wouldn’t except her, I was kind of mad at her for acting this way. They are her family and  she just assumed that they wouldn’t like who she  was.   Isaiah brought out a different side to her and it made her more confident in herself and who she was.  I definitely enjoyed the chemistry between the two of them.

Isaiah on the other hand was exactly how I expected him to be in the beginning but,  by the end of the  book he was a really good guy and their was definitely some tears in from me throughout this one. Isaiah never felt like he deserved anything that he wasn’t good enough for Rachel to care about and he definitely had his own issues with himself throughout the story.

Crash Into You was exactly what I hoped for from Katie McGarry, it wasn’t my favorite from her but, it  was still an amazing story and I will say it was a bit more tragic towards the end then some of the other books but, not a sad ending to say the least. Katie McGarry is still giving us the emotional and heartfelt contemporaries that I love. //

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now!! I am definitely liking it better than Dare You To (that one just didn't rock my world like PTL did)... but I do kind of wish Rachel wasn't this innocent never been touched china doll type. It's a little overdone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my least favorite of the series. I hated Rachel (she was a doormat and I have no time for that) I disliked Isaiah (and his controlling tendencies) I hated Isaiah's nicknames for Rachel and I really didn't like that it took a guy for Rachel to become more confident in herself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...