Friday, January 10, 2014

Adult Review: Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires #1) By: Chloe Neill



Title: Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires #1)
Author: Chloe Neill
Published: April 7th, 2009
Source: Bought
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:


I was a grad student until Chicago vampires announced their existence to the world, and a rogue vampire attacked me, scared by the master of Cadogan House. To save me, Ethan Sullivan converted me. The Lord of the Hyde Park manor is tall, green-eyed, full of four centuries worth of charm. Suddenly I am handy with serious weaponry, and pursued by an unknown enemy.


My Thoughts:


I was really excited to read this book, I have been wanting to expand my reading tastes and I hoped that adult urban fantasy would be right up my alley. I had heard great things about this series and I already had given it to my mother-in-law and she has been bugging me to start reading it ever since. My first love is vampires, I love being reading all of the different ways that authors write about vampires and the different quirks about them they are definitely my favorite paranormal creature to say the least.


The action of this book starts off right from the beginning, Merit is a graduate student in Chicago until one night she is attacked by a vampire and her whole life changes. She is lucky because she is found by the master of the Cadogan House of vampires. To most humans this would come as a surprise but, considering the fact that vampires have announced their exsistence to the human world. Each vampire belongs to a house led by a master vampire whom they live to serve. The master vampire is the only one who can change humans to vampires and is only allowed to turn ten people a year so they are hand picked and asked to become vampires. Merit’s case is different, after her attack she was lucky enough to be found by Ethan, the master of Cadogen House. Merit didn’t get to chose to become a vampire and at first she wasn’t really happy about it. Now she has to navigate her new life and responsiblities of being a vampire and give up the life she thought she was going to have.


Merit was one of those MC that I love she is strong, snarky, and sarcastic and she didn’t show any weakness to her peers in the face of everything that was going on in her life. She was having to deal with so much and learning all kinds of secrets that that she didn’t know as a human. She took everything in stride and never let herself fall apart even when I knew if it was me I would have have been a complete and utter mess. Merit comes from an influencial family with a lot of pull in Chicago, her father is a cold man who has only cared about making as much money as possible. The one she really loves and accounts for raising her is her retired police officer grandfather who is deeper into the supernatural world then Merit ever knew. Merit was dealing with so many things throughout the book she was a very strong vampire from the very beginning and she surprised herself, her peers, and her master.


Ethan and Merit definitely had a connection that was more than just a vampire and their master. But, they both were not happy about their connection and neither one of them seemed to be happy about. I am definitely curious to see where their relationship goes throughout the series.

Overall, Some Girls Bite was great. I know that I am definitely in for a wild ride for this series, and I have already got a couple of the next books in the series that I can’t wait to start!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started this series and like it! I've read the first five books so far, and can confirm that you are in for a wild ride! I'd really like to reread those, since I have #6 and #7 unread on my shelves.

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...