Friday, November 8, 2013

Review: Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1) By: Kasie West


Title: Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1)
Author: Kasie West
Published: Feburuary 13th, 2013
Buy The Book: Amazon/Barnes and Noble
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!
Source: Bought
Goodreads Summary:

Knowing the outcome doesn’t always make a choice easier . . .

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without.

My Thoughts:

 I was so excited to read this one, earlier this year I read Parallel By: Lauren Miller which is another  parallel universe book that I loved and I hoped that I would love this one just as much. I was a bit surprised with how the story began because I wasn't expecting it but, I really enjoyed it. I have dreamed of having the option to look into my future and see how a decision effects my life. Kasie West created a great story and I was never confused as to which parallel world we were visiting, I loved that she labeled each chapter with a word that contained Normal or Para, so you knew which world you were visiting.

Addison has spent her whole life living in Texas in the Compound, a secret community that each person in the compound have a power of the mind. Addie's power is she is a Searcher, she can look into the future when she is making a decision and see where it takes her in the future. When Addie's parents sit her down and inform her that they are getting divorced, she needs to decide who she wants to live with. Her mother is going to be living in the Compound and her Dad was going to go live in the "Norm" world. Addie does a search 6 weeks into the future to see which parent she wants to live with and it was more adventurous then she could have ever expected.

I loved Addie and I really enjoyed watching her navigate the normal world and the world of the compound. When Addie was in the  normal world she was really trying to find out who she was, she never knew who she was without what her power was. Living in the compound  she was always defined by her ability and in the normal world she didn't know who she was without being able to tell people  about her power. Addie meets Trevor, a normal boy who is an artist, he draws comic books and he really understands her, she is taken in my him and his group of friends, she and Trevor become very close and with her time in the normal world and by being friends with Trevor, she uncovers a mystery that she might have never found without being in the normal world. Her other life in the compound she is pursued by the quarterback of the football team and the hottest guy in school Duke. I am definitely on team Trevor, there was something about Duke that I never really liked and I always very wary of him and I never completely trusted him throughout the entire book.


Overall, Kasie West was a great storyteller. She gave us two stories in one and I loved that. I never got bored and I loved getting to see two different sides to Addie. But, I definitely loved Addie and the normal world with Trevor the best. 

 Want some more thoughts on Pivot Point? Check out the links below!

2 comments:

  1. This is on my fave reads of 2013 list! Lovely, review! I loved this book so much I can't wait for Split Second anymore *SCREAMS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever read of The Distance Between Us and I loved it. I don't know why I'm holding back on reading this. It seems I'm missing a lot by postponing it.

    Great review; glad you loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...