Saturday, July 13, 2013

Review: Since You Asked By: Maurene Goo





Title: Since You Asked
Author: Maurene Goo
Published: June 25th, 2013
Source: E-arc from publisher
My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary;

A humorous, debut novel about a Korean-American teenager who accidentally lands her own column in her high school newspaper, and proceeds to rant her way through the school year while struggling to reconcile the traditional Korean values of her parents with contemporary American culture.

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed Since You Asked, it was just a  cute and funny story about the life of  Holly,  the story reminded me a lot of the show Awkward on MTV, Goo's voice was perfect for Holly and I really felt like I was reading the voice of a teenager and that was one of my favorite aspects of this book.

Holly is just your average teenager, a Korean-American girl with a strict home life and a huge family , it was so much fun reading about her family and her parents, listening to her running commentary about her life and family had me laughing out loud and smiling throughout the whole thing. Holly works on the school newspaper and after accidently submitting a fake article she wrote to the paper she begins to have a target on her back,  her article wasn't exactly nice but, it was hilarious. After the whole debacle she somehow earns the right to have her own  column in the newspaper where she adds her hilarious commentary and I loved reading each  article that she wrote. 

Goo created a story that just follows Holly and her friends through their junior year of high school from homecoming to Christmas in Las Vegas everything made me laugh. If you are looking for a light and fun read Since You Asked is perfect for what you are looking for and I had a smile on my face until the last page!

Want some more thoughts on Since You Asked? Check out the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...