Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) By Tahereh Mafi



Title: Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Published: February 5th, 2013
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!
Goodreads Summary:

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

it's almost

time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life
 
.
My Thoughts:

Warning: If you haven't read Shatter Me yet, there may be spoilers from it in this review

I loved, loved, this sequel so much, Mafi had me on the edge of my seat swooning over Warner who I don't even like  and I couldn't believe all of the feels that this book gave me. I feel like in this book we really got to know Juliette because at times in the first book I felt like so much action was going on we didn't have as much time to really know her. Juliette also really got to know herself in this one and I really enjoyed her character development throughout the book. Mafi writes so beautifully and her descriptions and Juliette's monologues leave me dying to climb inside her head and live with her beautiful words. 

Juliette, Kenji, and Adam are now living at Omega Point, it's a huge adjustment for Juliette especially, she is trying to come to terms with the fact that her powers may not be the curse she always thought they were. Surrounded by people with gifts just like her has her seeing herself in a while new light. Although I do have to admit that at the beginning of the book I was a bit frustrated with Juliette, she came across as self-centered and was completely caught up in her own problems and her romance with Adam that she wasn't taking in any of the aspects of being at Omega Point at all. That is until Kenji put her in his place. I don't know what it is about me and secondary characters lately but, Kenji  is by far my favorite in this series. He adds a much needed lightness to the seriousness of Juliette and Adam.  He means so much to Castle and the people of Omega Point, he really is like the glue of their operation. All I have to say is Chapter 62 wheew!!! So steamy, I won't provide any spoilers but, when I heard about it on tea time with Epic Reads I wanted to skip ahead and read it but, I do have self control occasionally and in this instance I actually used it and let me tell you the build up and the wait was totally worth it in this case. I was pretty surprised but, there was very little Adam in this book which honestly made me happy because I didn't like his character as much in this book and I enjoyed the focus on Juliette more, I was very happy with how the story  grew and played out. We do get to see Warner for the last fourth of the book so all you Warner fans, be happy because he is definitely interesting and even a little bit more different then he was in the first book but , in a good way.

Overall, Mafi takes this series to the next level with a great book that is a mix of character development and action. It was perfect in so many ways and I absolutely loved it. The ending left many things wrapped up but, definitely had me dying to know what is going to happen in the next book. The plot didn't play out in a way that I expected and I have no idea where Mafi is going with it but, I can't wait to find out. 

Want to learn more thoughts on Unravel Me? Check out the links below!

Some Like It Paranormal  
Wild Heart Book Reviews 
The Reader's Den 
Magical Urban Fantasy Reads

6 comments:

  1. Yay, so happy you love this as much as I did. Mafi really does take this book to a whole other level. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you loved it, I skimmed because I am about to start the first one, but I had to know what you thought, and it seems that it didn't disappoint.

    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Kenji in the first book but it sounds like he is even more awesome this time around! I'm a little nervous to start this one because I love Adam so much, but I'm glad to hear you liked it. :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Shatter Me, but haven't even picked up Unravel Me yet. I'm not a Warner fan, but they all seem to be very happy w/this book.
    Im glad you liked this. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review. I really want to start this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to check this out. Warner was my favorite part of Shatter Me because he was so charismatic but I definitely saw him as the villain. I want to see why everyone's swooning over him in this book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...