Saturday, October 27, 2012

Review: Don't Turn Around (Persefone Trilogy #1) By: Michelle Gagnon



Title: Don't Turn Around (Persefone Trilogy #1)
Author: Michelle Gagnon
Published: August 28th, 2012
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!
Goodreads Summary:

Sixteen-year-old Noa has been a victim of the system ever since her parents died. Now living off the grid and trusting no one, she uses her computer-hacking skills to stay safely anonymous and alone. But when she wakes up on a table in an empty warehouse with an IV in her arm and no memory of how she got there, Noa starts to wish she had someone on her side.

Enter Peter Gregory. A rich kid and the leader of a hacker alliance, Peter needs people with Noa's talents on his team. Especially after a shady corporation called AMRF threatens his life in no uncertain terms.

But what Noa and Peter don't realize is that Noa holds the key to a terrible secret, and there are those who'd stop at nothing to silence her for good.

Fans of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" will devour the story of Noa, a teen soul mate to Lisbeth Salander.

My Thoughts:

I was  really excited to read this one, it is not a type of book that I usually read and I was looking forward to seeing what this book was all about. I absolutely loved it! I felt like at least for me the plot and ideas were new and fresh and it kept me up late reading, I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. I haven't read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and it definitely reminded me of it as far as a tamed down YA aspect of it.

Noa is living off the grid, having no family and avoiding having to continue going through the revolving door of the foster care system, she has created a life for herself using her computer skills to her benefit. That is until she wakes up in a strange warehouse on an operating table with no idea how she got there. Escaping this strange compound Noa is now faced with hiding from the people who operated on her and finding out what they are all about. Using her hacker skills and some friends she has made because of it she is determined to take this corporation down.

I really loved the main character Noa, I was so interested in how she managed to survive by using her computer hacking skills, granted I don't know if this could really happen in real life but, if it could it would honestly be really cool lol. She was tough and strong, she was determined to give herself a better life that the foster care system couldn't provide for her which unfortunately happens in our country today. She never gave up, I don't know about you guys but, if I woke up in some strange warehouse on a operating table,  I would definitely be freaking out and I don't think I would have been able to handle the situation as well as Noa did. 

Overall, this book was definitely a thriller, I kept thinking how great this would be as a movie and I could really see it playing out in my head as one. The ending was great because it definitely hinted what would be coming in the next book but, it didn't leave me hanging off a cliff and wondering where the story would go, I really liked knowing what the next book would be getting into and I can't wait to continue on with this trilogy. If you enjoy thrillers, suspense, and mysteries, then this book is a great pick for you, with intense characters and a quick moving storyline Michelle Gagnon has definitely became an author that I will be looking forward to reading in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm getting this book soon so can't wait to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I'm getting this book soon so can't wait to read it now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...