Thursday, July 5, 2012

What's Next (6)



I am so excited to be participating in a new meme every Thursday hosted  by Iceybooks, this meme is designed to help us bloggers get some help from our reader's on what to read next, so every week I will post 3 books that I am trying to decide between and you guys can vote on which one you think that I should read next. Cast your vote through the poll at the bottom of this post.

Happy Reading!
Kristin

 My 3 choices for this week are:


League of Strays By: L.B. Schulman
Goodreads Summary:

 When Charlotte Brody, a lonely 17-year-old student at a new school, receives an invitation to join The League of Strays, she's intrigued by the group's promise of "instant friendship." The League does provide companionship--and even a love interest--but Charlotte grows increasingly uncomfortable with its sinister mission to seek revenge against the bullies of Kennedy High. When escalating acts of vengeance threaten to hurl her down a path of remorse, Charlotte must choose between her new friends and the direction of a future she's never fully considered.


Amber House By: Kelly Moore, Tucker Reed, and Larkin Reed
Goodreads Summary:

 I was sixteen the first time my grandmother died . . ."

Sarah Parsons has never been to Amber House, the grand Maryland estate that's been in her family for three centuries. She's never wandered its hedge maze or explored its secret attics; she's never danced in its ballroom, or hunted for the diamonds said to be hidden in its walls.

But as Sarah, her brother, and their icy mother settle into Amber House, she finds herself drawn to both handsome Richard, who introduces her to a world of wealth and privilege, and intriguing Jackson, who dares her to find the diamonds. She discovers she can see visions of the mansion’s history—like her mother as a young girl, unimaginably warm and happy, or the cruel sea captain who lost the jewels long ago. Piece by piece, she uncovers the secrets of Amber House: its ancient crimes, and its fresh betrayals.

Where are the diamonds? Who caused her mother’s unhappiness? And what tragic act still echoes through Amber House? Sarah needs answers soon. Because when her visions threaten the person she holds most dear, she must untangle the web of the past before it traps them all forever.



  
Rapture (Fallen #4) By: Lauren Kate
Goodreads Summary:

 The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer



What Should I Read Next?
league of strays
Amber House
Rapture
Create your own poll

10 comments:

  1. Cool meme!! I really like it, I may have to do it next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun one! This is my 3rd week and the people have not lead me astray! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! And thanks to you Lisa :)

      Delete
  2. My vote was for Rapture. I need to know more about this series!!! I have Fallen, but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber House sounds really interesting, so that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote is for Rapture.. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2197

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMBER HOUSE! I love the sound of that one. I haven't read Lauren Kate's books, so I'm not sure how those are :P

    Thanks for participating in What's Next?! I hope you'll participate again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber House sounds really intriguing!

    ~Allison (Good Books & Good Wine)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted for The Stray ones but I'm not sure it registered!
    It's the one I liked best with Amber House second.

    I like the sound of this meme :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...