Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review: Witch Hunt (Witch-Games #2) By: K.C. Blake


Title: Witch Hunt (Witch-Games #2)
Author:  K.C. Blake
Published: April 19th, 2012
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:

A magical game of Hide n Seek begins.
Find the missing player and win.
The game resets; everyone forgets and starts to play it again.

Starr Hughes hasn’t believed in magic since her mother died. As a reporter for the school paper, she believes in hard facts. Hiding under the headmaster’s desk, planting bugs, and breaking into a fellow student’s home are all on her to-do list. So when she hears the mysterious group known as the It-Squad are about to start playing a secretive game, she wants to know more. She’s especially interested in the group’s gorgeous leader, Dylan Winchester.

With her boy-crazy best friend at her side, Starr is going to discover that not only are witches real, they need her help. Someone is using the game to steal their memories, their powers, and perhaps their lives.
My Thoughts:

I received this book from the author in exchange for review.

I was a little bit hesitant to begin reading this book only because I am a super OCD type person when it comes to reading a book series, I hate reading a book without reading them in order because I always  feel like I missed something and I like to know my characters, I was really happy to say that without reading the first one I didn't feel lost or confused or like there was something about the characters that I didn't know.
Starr Hughes is a reporter for the school newspaper, she is always looking for the next big story and is always lurking around for the next big scoop. The one group she wants to write a story on next is the It Squad, a group of students from her school that she knows nothing about, except that she is secretly in love with the leader Dylan Winchester. But, for some reason the It Squad is not allowed to have friends outside their group or even date anyone who is not in their group. When Starr overhears, that Dylan and his friends Becks and Ryder are going to play some new secretive game called Witch Hunt, she is determined to find out what they are hiding.

I really loved reading this book, it was so much fun. The mystery of the game and finding out the different aspects kept me enthralled and wanting to read the next page to find out what was going to happen next. There was so many twists and turns that I didn't see coming and I loved that they mystery of the story was not completely predictable. Getting to the bottom of the mystery and finding out how the players lost their memories was so creative and fun. I loved the whole concept of the game, One person was the Fox, where they lost all their memories of their former life and they could choose to be whoever they wanted to be. They could live out their high school fantasy, be the most popular kid in school or be the smartest kid in school, the sky is the limit. I know I wouldn't mind getting to live out my fantasy life for a little while.  The rest of the group was the Hounds and their job was to find their missing friend, without having any memories of who their missing friend was. 

Starr was such a great main character, she was not afraid to get down and dirty, she would do anything and everything that she could to break a story and be front page on the school newspaper, bugging the headmasters office to find out what he was up to, I thought was brave and she didn't seem to be afraid of anything. If it wasn't for her the mystery of the game and the lost memories would have never been resolved. She was definitely an awesome and kick butt main character.

Overall, I loved the mystery of this book, I enjoyed that it wasn't something that I had read about and it felt new and fresh. Blake has definitely made me want to read more about Starr and Dylan and all of the other characters she has created in her Witch Hunt series. If you enjoy magic and mystery then  you should definitely check this one out!

Happy Reading!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...