Monday, July 23, 2012

Review: The Goddess Test (The Goddess Test #1) By: Aimee Carter


Title: The Goddess  Test (The Goddess Test #1)
Author: Aimee Carter
Published:  April 19th, 2011
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!
Goodreads Summary:

EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN.

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

IF SHE FAILS..

My Thoughts:

I know I am probably one of the last people to have read this one but, that's alright with me but, I am so glad that I did because I loved it and I can't wait to read the next book! Aimee Carter has taken each of the gods and goddess from Greek mythology and but an awesome modern spin on it. I thought that the plot was creative and I really enjoyed the entire story. 

Kate our main character is someone I completely related to from the very beginning of this book, she is moving her and her mother to her mom's hometown Eden, Michigan. Kate's mother is dying of cancer and she doesn't have much time and she wanted to be in Eden when she died. For the last four years she has been taking care of her mother and put her entire life on hold to do it, her mother has become her best and only friend and Kate can't imagine life without her. After a mean prank from one of the most beautiful girls in school Ava, Kate meets  Henry a mysterious boy who offers her a strange deal in exchange for the life of Ava who wasn't even really her friend at all. But, not understanding or believing Henry, Kate accepts his deal and has no idea what she is in for when she does. 

The one thing that really disappointed me about this book is I really wasn't into any of the guys in this book. I didn't really come to like Henry much at all until the very end of the book. He was cold and brooding and you never felt like he really cared for Kate and I really felt for her as she went through all of the normal second guessing that girls go through when they are trying to figure out if a guy likes them. Henry seems like no matter what he will always love Persephone and even after reading this one I don't know if he will ever have enough room in his heart to love Kate the way that she deserves. I was not happy that Kate considered being just second in his life,  although I understand that she knew she couldn't take Persephone's place but, to know that in someone's heart you would never  be loved as much was hard for me to except. But, we will see what happens as the series progresses.

Overall I really enjoyed reading The Goddess Test, there was so many surprises in it for me (although I have to admit that I am sometimes completely clueless) I was not expecting the people who turned out to be the Gods and Goddesses of Olympus to be the people we met throughout the story. If you enjoy Greek Mythology and also the Starcrossed series then I think you will really enjoy this one! 

Happy Reading!
Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book but I agree that we didn't really learn that much about Henry until towards the end of the book. Have you got to the second book yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it but I havent gotten around to reading it yet. Have you read it?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...