Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Hereafter (Hereafter #1) By: Tara Hudson



Title:  Hereafter (Hereafter #1)
Author: Tara Hudson
Published: June 7th, 2011
My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:

Can there truly be love after death?
Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life--or her actual death--she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but "will" him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.
Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, "Hereafter" is a sensation you won't want to miss.

My Thoughts:

When I first read the summary for this book I was really excited to read it. I thought the plot was something new and different and I hadn't read any other type of paranormal book that was like it. But, for me I just couldn't connect with the main characters of Amelia and Joshua.
Amelia is a ghost, we are introduced to her right away and I was really interested in learning about how she was "living" her life everyday and what is was like for her. I was disappointed to find out that she pretty much knew nothing from her life, she didn't remember anything about it at all. Until, a car accident which leads her to meeting Joshua where everything changed.

Even though I never really connected with the characters in the book I still really liked the story, although some parts were a little slow, towards the end of the book all of the major action started which reinvested me in the story. I really wanted to love the characters and root for them but, it just never happened for me.

Overall, I liked the plot and parts of the story, it did take me a few days to finish it because I wasn't invested enough in the characters to want to pick it up and read it. I reccommend it to anyone who enjoys the paranormal genre, I felt that it was refreshing and new, I just wish I loved the characters a little bit more.

Happy Reading!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...