Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review: Die For Me By: Amy Plum (Revenants #1)



Title: Die For Me (Revenants #1)
Author: Amy Plum
Published: May 10th, 2011
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again

My Thoughts:

                Ok, so I have to say I loved this book and I am going to try really hard to not just gush about everything through this review because I loved it so much lol. The first things I fell in love with in this book was the gorgeous cover and that fact that it takes place in Paris, ( a place I have been dying to go to since I was 7 years old) I really enjoyed this book because the paranormal aspect I thought was something new, fresh, and different, that I hadn't read about before and that 
immediately kept my attention and I was so interested in learning about the world of Revenants.

                Kate Mercier was a character that I could totally relate to and I really felt like I was becoming her friend throughout the story and I really related to how she was feeling and the type of person that she was and I loved her so much. she wasn't your typical teenager in my opinion, she loved reading classic novels and was interested in art, and she wasn't interested in going out meeting boys and partying like her older sister Georgia. One of my favorite parts of her was that she was strong enough to walk away, unlike most girls in paranormal romance type books she didn't just blindly accept what Vincent was and continue on with the relationship, she stepped away and told him she didn't want to be a part of his life and I like that about her

Now we will move on to Vincent (swoon) lol. I totally and
 completely fell in love with Vincent. Maybe I am just a sucker for romantics but, I thought he was amazing and every time I think of his character I can't help but smile. I really liked the aspect of revenants because unlike most paranormal creatures he wasn't out to take from humans or hurt humans, everything he did for them was to help and save their lives. He was a centuries old gentleman and anytime he did something romantic for Kate or said something sweet to her I couldn't help but say, awww in my head. Although the romance in this book was at times fairy tale it wasn't all perfect but, I loved it all.

                The only aspect of this book that disappointed me was the action, all of the exciting parts of the book didn't happen till almost the end but, it was so worth it to get there! I definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes paranormal and paranormal books it was a great read! It made me fall in love with the city of Paris even more and I couldn't put it down.

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe I have not read this yet. Looks really good and I am so with you on Paris (dying to go and I love books that take place there, too).

    Fun review btw. And Kate reads classic novels and likes art? sounds like a heroine I would like.

    Vincent a gentleman? - I'm sold, need this book now, lol!

    New follower, here :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jennifer, it is a really great paranormal book and a romance, I remember I saw an ad for this book and it said move over edward and bella and I knew it was gonna be a good love story lol at least in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard about this before, but loved the review! Can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished reading this book earlier this week and loved it as well! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planing to read this book this month so it's good to see it has a good review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, great review! I really loved this book, too! Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds fantastic! Your review just persuaded me to add another title to the to-be-read that SO does not need to get any longer :). I like that you mentioned it's romantic, but not perfect, and that Kate said no and walked away. And of course, it's hard to go wrong with a paranormal with non-stop action!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Annie in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...