Thursday, April 19, 2012

Review: Meeting Destiny

Title: Meeting Destiny (Destiny #1)
Author: Nancy Straight
Published: June 26th 2010
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:

Lauren is visited in her dreams for years by a stranger claiming to be her destiny. Destiny becomes reality when paths cross during a failed robbery attempt. Lauren and the stranger experience chemistry like no other and now her doubt over her long time relationship with her high school sweetheart is not her only secret…someone else knows about her keen intuition and sixth sense. A mysterious clairvoyant seeks Lauren out and tells her not only of her life now but what the future may hold. Soon Lauren is in the middle of a murder investigation and a questionable friendship with the key suspect. Law enforcement, friends and family are concerned for Lauren but unfortunately they are unaware of the true danger…Sinister forces are at work and will stop at nothing to destroy Lauren’s abilities
My Thoughts:

First of all let me say, I had no idea what to expect from this book. I remembered seeing it on goodreads first reads and the cover really caught my eye and then  I saw that it was free on my kindle so, I downloaded it curious to see what it was about and I was blown away.

I will admit that the first half of the book went a little bit slow and I was beginning to think ok, this book is a little cheesy and I don't know if I like it. Lauren is a girl that you get to see change from the very beginning of this book. She works in a fast food restaurant and is immediately confronted with getting a weird vibe from a man the second he walked in the door. He was there to rob it, she successfully foils his plan and becomes a local hero preventing a little boy from being hurt. We then get to find out that for the last 4 years of her life she has had the same recurring dream. A good looking man is talking to her and telling her that he is her destiny and they are meant to be together. Imagine her surprise when the paramedic that comes to help her is the same man that she has seen her dreams over and over again. So at first I was like really, kind of cheesy she gets to meet her soul mate from the very beginning of the story and they get to be together, I think it's kind of lame.

But, about halfway through the book the action begins, the story takes a whole new turn and I was totally engulfed in the action and  I couldn't put the book down until I got to the end (reading when I should have been asleep and had to get up for work in 5 hours lol)  Then, came the ending, I was so totally surprised and thrown off by it. I don't think much anymore that an ending takes me off guard and leaves me with my mouth hanging open but, this one definitely did.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book, I was excited  when I found out that the main character Lauren was in college and close to my age which made me think that I could really relate to her. The only thing that I didn't like was that Lauren was 22 and graduated with college by the end of the book and for me her character didn't come across as someone who was that age in my opinion she seemed way younger and didn't really seem to be as adult as I think most 22 year olds are. Definitely give this book a read, I love it when I go in and I have no expectation s and I come out of a story surprised and really satisfied, I am definitely going to read the next book in the series and I cannot wait to see what happens next.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I had never actually heard of this book! It looks really interesting. I am going to have to check into that! Thanks for sharing. I am new to the whole blogging world so if you get a chance please step over and check out my blog!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    (New Follower)!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...